Master program in Civil Engineering consists of the following fields: structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, hydrology, material and construction management. Due to the importance of applied learning, our program is among the top ones that utilitizes state of the art research and development laboratories and computer laboratories compared to the other local institutions that offer similar degrees. Our program offers an education in realization of the importance to generate ethical, entrepreneurial, environmentally-responsible, technologically advanced graduates for national and international Civil engineering fields without wavering from high quality educational standards.
Masters degree in Civil Engineering is designed to produce specialists in the areas of material, geotechnical, structural, clean/waste water and construction management. Purpose of this education is not only to produce specialists whom are upto date with necessary engineering and technological knowledge and have the ability to adapt to the new knowledge, but also to produce graduates whom can advance the field of Civil engineering by effectively using the knowledge, self confidence, communication techniques and research techniques that they have gained through their education.
Materials, Geotecnical, Transportation and Surveying laboratories serve to Master students
and to their communities with the researches done by students.
Civil Engineering Department, for use in educational and research purposes has the following
- Construction Materials Laboratory: latest technological equipments to find physical, mechanical and durability properties of all materials that are used in construction industry
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory: All required equipments to find physical and mechanical properties of soils
- Central Laboratory: Equipments required to determine chemical and mineralogical structure of composite materials
- Transportation Laboratory: Equipments to determine abrasion resistance of aggregates, CBR test, Marshall test, Viscometer, Compaction equipments
- Computer Laboratory: Equipments having properties compatible today’s technology and software pasckages for use in design Most important devices included in laboratories are; Computer controlled Steel Tension and low frequency creep detection equipment, Steel reinforcement and stirrup diamter detection equipment, Concrete Tomograpy laser, 3-dimensional Laser Scanning Device, Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM), Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectroscopy (LC-MS/MS)
Graduates, by fullfilling the needs of society based on the specialized education they obtained, can pursue a rewarding career in any of the private, governmental companies/institutions that operate in various civil engineering fields by transfering the knowledge, application methods and techniques they have learned; by the attainment of a higher resposibility in management and leadersip. Our graduates can enter PhD programs in various branches of civil engineering at domestic and foreign universities and work as academicians in universities. They are involved in national and international large and complex projects.
Institute of Graduate Studies and Research
Çevik Uraz Center, CU244
Tel: +90 392 671 1111 Extension: 2214-2228
Institue E-mail: email@example.com